I’m pleased to announce that I have been working on Dr Dispatch 6.0!
Announcing Dr Dispatch 6 was supposed to happen a little sooner but I was side tracked with a new product (that I will post about below).
A big problem we have witnessed recently is a big slow down in larger databases or with wireless. That was my first priority and I believe I have it fixed.
I’m testing the speed against a 500 meg truck database with 77,000 loads. I’m pleased to report a 10x improvement in speed!
Build 79-81 of Dr Dispatch 5.5 also has a lot of features that were slotted for 6.0 – you can consider those builds a sort of pre-release.
What you can expect in the first release
Here’s what is planned or completed for the first release of version 6:
- Massive speed improvement (completed and tested)
- Larger screens (min resolution of 1024×768)
- Font change/increase for readability
- New archive process (no more techs archiving your data)
- File imports from text, Excel, Access, and more (20 file types)
- Many many tweaks
- Better truck side planning/scheduling
- Fixing the annoying screen flicker in Trucking Dispatch
The speed improvements are a huge change and a big reason you don’t see a lot of new features slated yet.
Increasing the screen size and changing the base font will make for a much better experience.
What about the future?
Future features/fixes are always changing but I do have a list of must do things…
Here’s what we have planned beyond the first release:
- Drag & Drop File Attachment
- Continuation of speed improvements
- Administrative Dashboard
- Web Portal Improvements (Tendering, Load Board)
- Quickbooks Online Integration
- More PeopleNet Integration features
- More Mobile for Drivers
- Multiple Contacts For Contact Records
- And more – much more.
There’s been a big interest in Dr Dispatch going online as a web application.
I’ve begun work on that too!
I’m in the prototype stage. If you’re interested in looking at the final prototype and having a look at the completed application later this year – Sign up Here.
Here’s one proposed screenshot – showing viewing a customer. You’ll notice the address, contacts are missing – but I think you can get the idea on where we’re going.
Announcing Dr Dispatch 6 has been a long time coming. We are proud of the work completed on it so far.
PS Unless you’ve been without a support agreement for a long time – upgrading to 6.0 will be included with your support plan.